Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Surprise 30th Wedding Anniversary for my Parents, Part 1 Decorations


My sister and I threw my parents a surprise 30th wedding anniversary for my parents this past March 2013 with the help of a lot of family members.  Especially, my aunts and grandparents who were actually there for the wedding.  I wanted the colors of the party to be the actual colors of their wedding, which was hard to find, but fun.  Below are the decorations of the party and other posts will follow of the party.  

30th balloons were found at Party City.

Used my sisters wedding arch with tissue handmade poms and J for Jackie and D for Dan letters over napkins.

The entertainment setting up.  Skip did an amazing job.  We used balloons, lights, and pretty tule for the ceiling.  Wish I had a good photo of the ceiling.

We put up a sheet and had a projector to show old wedding and fun photos of their marriage throughout the years.

My moms beautiful wedding dress.

A table of photos, copy of wedding certificate, and their wedding candle.

A collage my sister made of them throughout the years.

We used the back pages of their actual wedding guestbook to have the guests sign at the party.

Food table before the food was put on there.

A delicious wedding cake that my aunt Sharon made.  Isn't it gorgeous?

"Your Journey with Dan and Jackie" this is where people could sign on a timeline a funny story or when they met them.

Beautiful flowers my aunt Linda put together.  What a talent she has.

The Bride and Grooms seating.  Beautiful!


Stay tuned for more pictures of the event and the surprise!



No comments:

Post a Comment