Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmas Crate and Pine


Source

I decided to use an old crate I got either for free or less than a $1.00 at a garage sale and finally do a pinterest project!  I used the left over tree branches from our Christmas tree by cutting off the top that was too tall.  I had some mason jars also from a garage sale and the candles were left over from my wedding.  I used the idea from pinterest and the blog photo listed above.  Mine was more plain and I did not use any salt in the jars or votives, just candles and let them melt.  I did cut the branches a little smaller to fit in the crate and in between the jars.  I also decided to use it out doors to put it outside of my front door.  I did not use it as a center piece, but more as welcome decor.  It was a lot of fun and I loved how it turned out.

Below is my final piece:



In front of my door





No comments:

Post a Comment