Friday, February 28, 2014

I am a Young Life Leader

I lead Young Life at Brier Terrace Middle School where I attended in middle school.  It is a blast to hangout with 7th grade girls, go to their sporting events, live life with them and share Jesus.  Middle Schoolers listen to every word you say, and it is really cool to see them grow up and also to see how they view the world.  They make me laugh and my heart gets bigger and bigger every time I am around them.  Tonight, I got to give a club talk where I shared about my life and something that I have learned from Jesus.  Tonight I talked about when I was in the 8th grade and I broke my collar bone while playing soccer.  I talked about how a girl fouled me so hard that when I fell, it broke.  I talked about how I couldn't play soccer, which was my life at the time for two months and how I wanted to retaliate.  I then talked about what Jesus says about when people hurt or wrong you and what you should do.  It was really cool sharing about Matthew: 5:38 and how back then people would do "eye for eye and tooth for a tooth" and sharing with the kids that even though that girl fouled me and broke my collar bone, I should not in return brake hers.  But that Jesus tells us to do the opposite in Matthew: 5:39: "Do not resist an evil person.  If anyone strikes you on the right cheek, you should turn to him the other also."  It is a hard lesson to learn and even for adults to consistently think before we react when people do wrongly to us.  It is very difficult.  And without Jesus, there is no way, I could not retaliate for everything bad that has been done to me or my friends and family.  I am very thankful that I have Jesus in my life.



Here is a picture of me and some leaders at neon club.  It is a lot of fun dressing up to each theme.  This was earlier this fall.


Thanks for letting me share this incredible joy that I have in my heart with you.


-Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment