Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Haiti

Sean and I are going to Haiti!  We are so pumped!  It has been a long process of prayer and seeing if my new job would let me take the time off of work.  Sean also had to see if he could leave during ‘crunch’ time of his thesis.  We are so blessed to have this opportunity to go to Haiti.  We are going with Brookview Community Church, my church back home and partnering with an organization called: World Wide Village.  If you want to know more about Brookview's history in Haiti you can go here.


All pictures are from the World Wide Village website



Sean and I want to adopt one day, and by going to a third world country and seeing the need for adoption, we cannot wait to start this process.  We will not adopt for awhile, but going there and loving on the children we are so excited.  We know it will break our hearts, but we are ready.

God totally wants to use us because some of the projects we are going to help with are education and water sustainability.  I will be aiding the teachers in Haiti (there are 8 of them with over 60 children) in a tiny one room classroom trying to teach 8 groups of students at once.  I cannot wait to use my degree and little experience with student teaching to help them!  Sean will also be helping with water purification, which is something he has worked on at WSU in his degree field!  We will also be playing soccer with the kiddos J and just loving on them!!!!!

 



Thank you to all that have supported us so far with prayers and financially.  We have to raise  a total of $4400 for both of us together to go on this journey.  We will be leaving on June 21st and coming back on June 30th.  I cannot wait!!!!  I will keep you updated as we get closer to the trip and of course, an update of our trip!


“ whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me”
-Matthew 25:40

2 comments:

  1. Is there a link or something we can donate to your group (or Sean and you)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nathan! Thank you so much! We really appreciate that. We sent out support letters, but do not have a link set up for donations. We would love to send you a letter if you like. You can facebook me in a message your address or email me at: hayley.beckman@email.wsu.edu. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete