Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Journey into a woman's heart

I have heard of the book Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge that unveils the mystery of a woman's soul.  I am not a girly girl at all and have heard horror stories from this book.  Girls have told me that they have read it in one night and could not put it down, drinking tea and holding a box of Kleenex near.  That is not me.  I am completely the opposite.  I love wearing sweatpants (even out in public) and hate wearing makeup unless I know I am getting my picture taken.  Don't get me wrong, I love looking pretty, just hate all the work it takes.  I even bought Captivating in January 2008, because I knew I had to bite the bullet and read it one day.  It has taken me over two years to open it up willingly.  I tried sometime last year, in my first year of marriage to really understand who I am as a woman in God's eyes, but stopped either because I was too busy, or did not want to take this heartfelt adventure.  I am still trying to figure that out.  I am not against the women who love being in the kitchen wearing an apron, I eventually want to love cooking and getting in touch with my feminine side.  I just hope this book can reach me where I am at, and that ultimately, God can change my heart and show me how being a woman is a wonderful thing and to embrace all that God has in store for me.

So, I will be brutally honest about my journey through Captivating, and if I offend you, I am sorry, but I want to be real to get the most out of this process.  I also bought, Captivating: A guided journal, which I think any woman should buy to accompany the book to really dig deep!  I encourage anyone to try out this book and journal with me and to post their responses along the way.  Even if I sound bitter right now, I am truly excited to take a journey with Jesus and to talk about the insides of my heart.

Alright......so here I go!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. you go girl! I can't wait to see where it takes you...i never finished it either..hmm maybe i should do this with you!?!? Love you girlie. We are soo alike in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really did think it was a good book, however, it wasn't until I picked it up a second time three years after I had first purchased it that I got anything out of it. I think it reaches different kinds of women at different points in life. I hope it goes well! Miss and love you!

    ReplyDelete