Sunday, February 26, 2012

Coffee Cake












So I decided I wanted to try making coffee cake, but since I am a very simple baker or wanna be baker, I have to try and find very simple recipes.  I found this one, and it was good, but tasted too much like Bisquick.  I think next time, I will add the toppings in the middle as well or find a new recipe.  It was fun and good with coffee!  I also added chopped walnuts to have of it, because my grandma cannot have nuts and I wanted her to try it.  See the ingredients below and the directions.


Cinnamon Streusel (Topping)
1/3  cup Original Bisquick® mix
1/3  cup packed brown sugar
1/2  teaspoon ground cinnamon
2  tablespoons firm butter or margarine

Coffee Cake
2  cups Original Bisquick® mix
2/3  cup milk or water
2  tablespoons sugar
1  egg

Directions: 

-Heat oven to 375°F. Grease 9-inch round pan. In small bowl, stir streusel ingredients until crumbly; set aside.
-In medium bowl, mix coffee cake ingredients until blended. Spread in pan. Sprinkle with streusel.
-Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment