Saturday, June 18, 2011

Haiti DAY 3

Thursday, June 23:

Day 3-

Wake up for 7 am breakfast, not sure what that consists of, but I am ready.  Sean and I do not like beans at all, its not like we are allergic, we just think it tastes like nothing and that is tastes like pockets of powder.  I can expect to eat a lot of beans and rice, the staple in Haiti.  And you know what?  I will eat and smile, even  if it is beans!



8:00 morning prayer with the team.  Each morning and evening a different member of our team will do a devotional.  It could be something they experienced in Haiti and will facilitate a discussion of the topic they choose.  They could read scripture, etc.

8:30 depart for work site.  We will arrive at 9:30 am in Luly for the Soccer Clinic (9:30-11 am) and the Teacher Training 9:30-12:30 pm).  I will be helping with the teachers and Sean will be with the Soccer clinic.  I am so proud of him, he is going to be opening the soccer clinic and welcome the kiddos.  That takes a lot of courage to speak first in the group!  Please pray for God to speak through him and that he will speak clear and slow enough for the translator to translate to the kids in Creole.




I will be with the teachers, so please pray that as a team we can love on them and not tell them what they are doing is wrong, but help them in reaching the students and aiding them in what needs they have.





1:00 pm Work Projects.  We have no idea what they will need help with, which is nice because we will have zero expectations.  I am so excited to help Luly (town) with whatever they will need.  Pray for strength and for our health with the extreme heat difference.  Please pray that no one on our team gets sick, or if they do to heal quickly.  I just hope I do not get dirreaha.

3:00 pm depart for base.  I am probably sunburnt by now, so pray for healing :).

6:00 dinner

8:00 pm Evening devotions and prayer.  Please pray for Sean, because when it gets hot he has a hard time sleeping.

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment