Saturday, June 18, 2011

Haiti Day FOUR

Friday, June 24th:

Day 4-

Wake up for 7:00 am breakfast- please pray for my stomach, as it gets easily upset in America, so pray that it is doing alright.

8:00 am Morning prayer

8:30 am Depart for work site

9:30 am Arrive in Luly for Soccer Clinic (9:30-11am) and Teacher Training (9:30-12:30 pm).  I believe unless the schedule changes that today I will be teaching the teachers and after the training, will be giving my geography lesson to the children.  I am so excited!  We have blow up world globes and children books about the world to go through with them.  I am a HUGE fan of hands on learning and hope to incorporate that successfully with these teachers.  Please pray that I am able to adapt if the children do not understand or that I can have boldness speaking in front of 100 children and 20 adults with a translator.  I will have to be patient waiting for the translator to translate my lesson from English to Creole and to SLOW down and not talk so fast.

The picture below is not of me, but probably a pretty close picture to the building we will be in, minus the chalk board and teacher desk.



1:00 pm work projects

3:00 depart for base

6:00 pm dinner

8:00 pm Evening devotions and prayer

Thanks for following along and for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment