Thursday, June 16, 2011

Checking on my 2011 New Year's Resolutions



I wrote a blog post on January 1st welcoming the new year and also stating my New Year’s resolutions.  Let’s see how I am doing.  The Hello 2011 blog post stated:

1.      Working out (let’s be honest, not so good.  I did join two intramural soccer teams) and that was a workout multiple times a week.  I tried to wii fit, but once I got a job that declined significantly.  But the year is not over yet.  I am still hopeful to work out!

 

2.      Read my Bible more consistently.  This is still a struggle for me.  It is not like I do not enjoy reading it.  When I did not have a job, I was reading all the time and everyday.  Once employed, it seemed a lot harder, which is silly.  I just need to make more time with the Lord.  I have stayed strong with reading the Devotions for Women on the Go by: Stephen Arterburn and Pam Farrel.  I really enjoy reading it and it is very easy to read while I am brushing my teeth at night.  It is a great reminder to get it out!

 

3.      To save money!  Sean and I have done a great job at this.  We were crazy, or at least I was in the beginning of the year trying not to spend anything.  We have been a little less crazy, but still have been very conscious about what we buy and if we REALLY need it.  It sucks sometimes, when I wanted to buy something I really liked and it was even on sale!  We do allow ourselves to buy things once a month and that has been nice.  We did trade our iPhones in, Sean eventually got his back and I still do not have mine.  I found out that I did not use mine as much as I thought I did.  Sean on the other hand, died when he gave up his and we saved so he could get one a couple months later.  Oh boys and their toys.  We also cancelled our cable, which I was so excited!  I only watch shows that are accessible online, Sean was bummed because he missed out on his sports.

 

Has anyone kept their 2011 New Year's Resolutions?  Please share!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment