Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Packing

Haiti is in two weeks!  I cannot wait!  I need to start thinking about packing.  I already received my packing list of suggestions and mandatory items.  Our meals are provided for breakfast and dinner at the place we are staying but we have to provide our own lunches.  They recommend power bars, etc.  Chocolate is my favorite, which with the extreme heat, they suggested not taking chocolate power bars because they melt and are a mess.  Darn, but I guess I can try other flavors.  Does anyone have any recommendations for a quick snack in Haiti that I can bring over?  We have to eat in secret which is really sad because if we do not have enough for everyone around us, then we cannot give some to one or a riot could break out.  That just tears my heart.  I am not sure I will have much of an appetite, but if I do not eat, I will not have any energy. 



 Personal Items I will bring with me:

Journal- to write down all of my thoughts and adventures.

Picture of Rudy

Bible

Camera

Chapstick-  I die without applying every 30 minutes.

A mini fan to cool myself off at night

Water bottle to use throughout the day.

If you can think of anything that you have taken to a third world country, please let me know!



Thanks for reading!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment