Monday, July 18, 2011

Part 2 of Day 5 at Wahoo Bay

After Church we went to Wahoo Bay a resort in Haiti.  Haiti is a beautiful country.  The people are beautiful and the country is beautiful.  It was a lot of fun to relax with our team and to rest.  I had mixed feelings because I really wanted to see the water and go swimming, but seeing a resort that blasted American music with people drinking in the water, spending money on food left and right was difficult amongst all the poverty.  Literally, 4 minutes away children were starving and there was this resort!  The good thing though was that it did provide jobs for Haitian people.  I talked with one young man and he said he loves working at Wahoo Bay because he gets to live there and he loves it.  So there are a lot of positives I guess.  I just had a sinking feeling that this felt wrong.  I did swim and eventually, had a blast but it was weird.














Sean and I in the water


The guys on our team


Sean did get to enjoy some crab








Beautiful sunset








Can you see the mold?  We did not eat the bread....


My chicken BBQ chicken dinner, so good!

Sean's dinner: Creole BBQ chicken.

This juice tasted so good, like watermelon.


Weird plant/palm tree with berries.


Love all of the Haitian artwork.






Wrist bands we had to wear in the resort.



Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment