Sunday, November 6, 2011

My Birthday

Pinned Image

To be honest folks, my birthday is so awkward.  I could care less about turning another year old, it is the attention that is awkward.  For being a very VERY outgoing person, you would think that I would just LOVE the spotlight.  It is the complete opposite.  I dread the attention of my birthday.  As you have seen or read on my blog, I love hosting and throwing surprise or birthday parties for people, even my dog Rudy.  But as for me, nope.  I hate all the attention.  I am very blessed with a wonderful family and even great friends, but other then being surrounded by family on my birthday, I hate everything else about it.  Even the presents are awkward.  And this year, I feel selfish when my family wanted a list or asked what I wanted.  Even the cake, it was like 'oh gosh...'  I hope this will get better with time, or at least when I have kids, it might be more fun, but as for now....nope.  I just had to share as my birthday approaches.  I cannot even sleep, it is that bad.  I will tell you it is on Monday, November 7th.  I just wish it could pass, is that sad?  It snuck up on me so quickly.  I loved it as a child and I love seeing happiness on someone else's birthday, but for me, I just do not feel it.  Is that awful?  Am I an awful person for feeling or expressing that?  Sean is such a trooper and tries so hard to make it the best, and he is successful, but the day is just the worst part of it all.  I maybe feel like I am letting people down or because I just do not know where to go to dinner or who to invite, its weird.  I would rather just be with my family like a regular day.  Having a home cooked meal and playing games.  That would be as close to a perfect birthday as it can get.  I just had to be honest with you guys.  Not sure if I was going to post this or not.  But thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment