Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hello Friends

I apologize for my absence, but I was not sure how to start writing.  I came back from Haiti late December 23rd right before Christmas.  It was difficult coming into my all time favorite holiday, when in reality, the children in Haiti will not be receiving one Christmas present.  Haiti was awesome and it was really hard to leave, really hard.  I wanted to stay forever, and hopefully, I will one day get the chance to live with Sean in Haiti one of these days.  I will explain more about Haiti in other posts starting in 2012 (crazy!).  But I will add some photos to share.  I was not sure how to start writing either.  I just did not know where to start or how to express in writing what I was going through.  I had every dream about Haiti and in Creole (or broken Creole) the language of Haiti and it was awesome.  It made me miss it even more though.

We went to Haiti to help the women.  I will explain more, but just a little recap.  We went into three different villages, two days each.  We had about 20-30 women in each that we taught them self defense, because rape is not a crime in Haiti and women are left powerless either to get help afterward or during.  They have no where to turn, even legally.  That was awesome seeing them empowered throughout the training.  Our pastor and his wife also spoke about how God views women, marriage, and that women should be loved and pursued not beaten or abused or used.  It was sad hearing their stories of how mistreated they were, but they were happy to learn from us.  We also learned a lot about their culture and how they as women are not so different from American women wanting the same things.

Christmas was awesome seeing family, a little overwhelming. I came home sick from Haiti, just a cold/flu and cannot seem to get rid of it so I was extremely exhausted coming home and then going right into Christmas.  I also have not written you, because Sean's grandfather passed away.  Just supporting him and his family right now.  I am excited for 2011 to come to a close!

Hope you enjoy the photos as much as I enjoyed the Haitian people.


In the deaf community in Haiti and saying, "I love you"

In the last village with Sheelou.  Loved this little guy.  Such a charmer.

In the deaf community.  These ladies were awesome.  Miss them.


 Landscape view of the deaf community houses.

 My beautiful cousin Amber came to Haiti with me.  So proud of this girl.  More to come of her!

God blessed me to hold babies on this trip and cannot wait to start the adoption process.  Crazy how God works.

Got to see David again.  So excited for this reunion.  He is so special.


Thanks for putting up with me and listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment