Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hello 2011!

It is the first day of the new year, January 1, 2011.  I cannot believe it is 2011 already!  I can remember everyone freaking out in 1999 about Y2K when it was going to turn 2000.  Now, a decade has already passed.  Every new year comes new years resolutions, so I thought why not?  I am in transition and clearly need to have some!  So below are some resolutions for me and some for my hubby and me.  They are also in no particular order.

1.  Of course, I had to have something with working out so I will work out more.  Sean and I got a wii fit for Christmas and I think I will start doing the yoga workout :).

2.  Read my Bible more consistently.  I started reading:  Devotions for Women on the Go by: Stephen Arterburn and Pam Farrel and love it already!  It has a christian devotional for women for every day of the year.  You can go through it with me!  It has a passage selected from the Bible that you read and it has a devotional to go with it.  They state, "With responsibilities that seem to keep us unendingly on the go, it's easy to lose perspective about exactly why we need to spend time in God's Word daily.  And yet God's Word itself promises wonderful benefits to those who will take the time to pursue wisdom" (p. 2).  I love it already!

3. To save money!  To not buy things I do not need.  Sean and I are going to budget better in 2011 to save money.  You can email me if you want to discuss this further, but I am so excited.  We are even going to trade in our iphones to save money.

No comments:

Post a Comment