Thursday, February 24, 2011

Adoption

God has given me a heart for adoption.  Sean probably thought it was just a phase when we were dating, but God has truly changed (if He needed to change) Sean's heart for adoption.  I would love to have one or two of my own kiddos and then adopt overseas.  There are so many children even in America and overseas that need a home.  I really want to adopt from a third world country where I can give a child, or children :) a better life.  I have wanted to adopt for so long now, even before the whole crazy celebrity adoption fad (Angelina Jolie).  I have always wanted to give a kid a home they never had.  I am so excited for when that time comes!  I just want to fly over to where ever we will adopt from and pick up my baby or toddler.  How could you say no to the pictures below?






3 comments:

  1. I love to hear your hearts desires :) It's a gift to both be on the same page with adoption (with your spouse.) Ah, Look forward to seeing how your "Family"forms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across your blog via Pintrest, and I went from looking at your burlap treeskirt to reading all about you.. lol We have a lot in common. I've always known I wanted to adopt, but God just hasn't given us the go-ahead yet, although I feel like it may not be too much longer. Have you guys started the process yet? Just curious how it's going if you have. Enjoyed your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading Heather! God is telling us to do something, we obey, and then he tells us another thing. So we are patiently waiting. We feel a calling to adopt in Haiti but the laws are very strict and we have not been married for ten years, only four, so we are being obedient right now. We have not started the process, but are excited when God gives us the green light. Let me know if you start, as I would love to hear how it all goes ;)

    ReplyDelete