Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentines Day

I have the most wonderful husband in the world.  Of course everyone says that after valentines day, but its true.  I was home from work bc I was still recovering from gastronemious (cant spell it) or food poisoning and pink roses were delivered to my office, but I wasnt there.  So the sweet ladies in my office made sure one of them (Thanks Elizabeth!) drove them to my house so I could see them on Valentines day!  That made my day!  Sean even tried calling the delivery place before they delivered them to my office bc I wasnt going to be there.  He also took care of me because I still wasnt feeling well.

Did I tell you what happened on Sunday?  If you are eating, please stop.  I started throwing up at 8am and even at the childrens church I had to excuse myself and throw up in the bathroom.  The thing that gets me was as I was throwing up at church, a woman came into the bathroom, bc I heard the door open and shut, then she heard me puke, then she left!  I would have at least said are you okay?  Anyway, after childrens church, I told Sean I could not sit through church like this and I ended up puking outside the church on the grass, classy I know.  I ended up puking 7 times total on Sunday, I could not even keep water or Gatorade down.  It was awful.  The last time I puked I was so dehydrated, I was dizzy and almost passed out.  Sean found me and had to hold my head up bc I was going to fall.  He then decided it was time to take me to the ER to get some help.  It took forever for the insurance and paperwork, but finally they started to treat me.  I almost threw up there as well, but they gave me anti vomit something and it worked really fast.  They also gave me two IVs to help with the dehydration.  I was really sore, but after a day of bed rest on Monday (doctors orders) I feel great now.

Rudy was also a trooper all day and he cuddled and took care of me.  He knew something was wrong on Sunday and kept watch over me on Monday.  I love him so much.  I was a little disappointed I was not at work on Valentines Day, bc I love seeing people and saying happy valentines day!  I even bought valentines candy :( but had to wait until Tuesday.

Work is going well, really busy, but going good!  The best part of my day on Sunday was that God was there the whole time.  Even, when I questioned what was happening (throwing up again and again) he never left my side.  It was really comforting and I knew I would get through this.  God is so great!  And as much as it sucked, I knew God would not let it happen to me if He knew I could not handle it.

Rudy all wiped out

Tried to dress up, but still looking really pale from Sunday.

The wonderful roses my husband gave me :)

Love this nail polish!  Reminds me of valentines colors!


How did you spend your Valentines Day?

-Hayley

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe you were so sick you went to the ER! Scary! I had to laugh a little when you said you threw up 7 times.... just because for me after about 3 I lose count... haha.

    Also I have to stick up for the lady in the bathroom... I probably would not have said anything (not knowing who was in there) and also if I was the one throwing up, I would not want them to say anything to me.

    So glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete