Tuesday, February 22, 2011

finished a book!

I am so excited, I finished book two in January 2011.  I borrowed a book from a friend a long time ago and finally decided to reread the book and actually finish it.  I read Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell.  It gives a really great perspective on Christianity and how simple it actually is.  I love how he portrays Jesus's love for people.  If you have not already read it, you should!

I love this quote: "Very few people in our world are offering anything worth dying for.  Most of the messages we receive are about how to make life easier.  The call of Jesus goes the other direction: It's about making our lives more difficult.  It is going out of our way to be more generous and disciplined and loving and free.  It is refusing to escape and become numb to and check out of this broken, fractured world" (Bell, p. 169).

Love cuddling up and reading when its snowing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment