Thursday, January 27, 2011

Compassion

I apologize to all of my readers or lack there of, if you are out there (Steffany) and reading this then I apologize for not writing this week.  There have been so many crazy things happening!

First off, God has blessed me with a job!  I know that this blog is about a woman transitioning, which is me and I am, so I might have to take off the job part, but it is about me transitioning in life and we all transition at some point.  I am working at Washington State University (WSU) doing some really cool outreach opportunities to high school students.  I cannot wait to see how this changes students lives.  So this past week, I have been getting up early to be at work at 8am.  I am used to sleeping in and cuddling with Rudy and even sleeping in later.  But I am so grateful for a job!  Rudy, is not as grateful because he misses me.

God is doing some really crazy and amazing things in my life.  I cannot pinpoint what it will look like but God is challenging me in ways I never thought possible.  I know I am a passionate person, and am finally figuring out why God has made me this way.  I have all of this passion stored up and get fired up but never do anything about it (besides going on mission trips in the past).  I want to be radical!!!  And I know it is God working within my own heart.  I came  home from our care group Monday night (Bible Study) talking to Sean and did not feel satisfied with myself.  I stated that I hate it when something happens to someone and people say, oh thats sad or ill pray for you (granted Sean said well, maybe its because that is all that person can do is pray) but I feel like for me I can do more than just pray.  I want to help people in need regardless.  With that said, I feel called to help a student in need (physical need) on WSU campus that needs a kidney transplant.  I do not know all of the details and I have not even met this person, but basically, both of his kidneys are failing and I want to help.  I am not sure if he has any insurance or if he can afford this surgery, but he still needs a donor.  I even feel called to go and see if I am a match.  I cannot just sit back and let this person not receive help because it costs to much, I will do everything within my power to support this person and to find out what I can do.  If any of you has any experience with this, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Below is a verse that stood out to me about compassion and doing things, rather than just talking about it.

1 John 3:16-24:


16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. 17 If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? 18 Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.


19 This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: 20 If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. 21 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him. 23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24 The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us."






Monday night I felt like I needed to listen to God's word about Compassion, so I looked at the back of the Bible and read some verses to Sean, but the last one stood out, 1 John 3:16-24.  I feel like God hit me on the head and said why not, Christ laid down his life for you, so stop loving with your words, but with your actions in truth.  I know that God gave me compassion and love for others and it is finally the time for me to act.  I just thought I would share this with all of you, because it is laying so heavy on my heart.

-Hayley

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome that you got a job! I am so happy for you. Hayley you are such an amazing person with such a kind heart! I am so blessed to have you as a friend. :)

    ReplyDelete