Saturday, January 8, 2011

Seahawks the Underdog

I love sports, and have played them since I was five years old.  So of course I love a good sports story, or better yet an underdog story.  Coming from Seattle, I thought I should tell the mini version of their underdog victory today.

The Seattle Seahawks under new head coach Pete Carroll had a losing season, going 7-9.  They became the first team below a -.500 record to win in the postseason.  They also beat last year's Super Bowl Champions, the New Orleans Saints 41-36.  It was an amazing victory, and I am proud of Seattle's 12th man and their passion never to give up.  The Pre-game show determined that the Saints would claim an easy victory, not even mentioning Seattle.  Boy, were they wrong.  It was a tough battle, but the Seahawks never feared the defending champs.  They came out smiling, and they deserved it.



Picture of Coach, Pete Carroll

Did you watch the game?  Do you have an underdog story in sports or anything else?

-Hayley

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that I was at this game that you speak of it was amazing. It was my first pro football game. Anyway hope all is well. Let me know when you move back to the west side and we can catch up.

    Kirby Blacker

    ReplyDelete