Monday, January 17, 2011

time flies too quickly when your surrounded by loved ones

I had a wonderful, but too quick of a weekend with my parents.  We had a lot of laughs like usual while playing wii and other games.  I tried out a recipe that I had not used in awhile.  I also made cookies before they arrived!  The recipe I tried was chicken lettuce wraps.  I love the chicken lettuce wraps from Sangria, a local restaurant in Moscow, Idaho so I tried to recreate them.  All I did was defrost chicken, cut it up, add different sauces I had in my fridge for the sauce= ketchup (very little amount), bbq sauce, teriyaki if you have it, or any of those sauces mixed together.  I also added water chestnuts, peanuts, onions, and the noodles from top ramon.  Sounds weird, but it is very easy and tastes great.  Below is a picture.  Don't forget to use a head of lettuce for the wraps and to wash it early, because you do not want wet lettuce wraps :).


Rudy, my little helper making sure the cookies are turning out :)


My wii 
My dad trying to play wii

These were too funny


Getting ready to play some cribbage!


Rudy passed out!

Overall, it was a great weekend that was way too short.  How was your three day weekend?  I appreciate all my friends and others who read my blog and hopefully laugh a little bit.

-Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment